“Remember that one form of learning photography is to follow the photo competition both domestically and abroad. So it’s good you try …“
Convozine Photography Challenge “The Last Place”
Theme: “The Last Place”
Interpret this theme as you like, enter Images of desolation, an object that is lost or ignored, or something else entirely. We want to see creative and unique explorations of the theme.
- First Place: US$500
- Second Place: US$300
- Third Place: US$200
- People’s Choice: US$500
- All winners will also receive a print piece based on this month’s entries and theme.
Judging criteria: technical proficiency, artistic merits, creativity in the application of the theme and the quality and insightfulness of the supporting text. Post-processing is limited to tone, brightness and contrast and dodge and burn.
There is a limit of four entries per person. Winners will be announced on March 3rd, 2011.
Official website: convozine.com/conversations/8580
28 DAYS LEFT
fContest Portrait Photography Competition
Photo Portraits are able to capture the emotions and even the mood of the subject. Enter your best portrait that defines your style in photography.
- Laminated print of the winner photo! Medium (45 x 30 cm) with free Shipping.
You can enter up to 5 images. To ebmit you can login with your Facebook account.
Official website: www.fcontest.com/Contest/
39 DAYS LEFT
Humanity Photo Awards 2011
Theme: Folk Culture
Entries can contain several ethnic groups in one country or one nationality living in different countries.
- Portrait & Costume
- Living and Production Custom
- Sports & Technology
- Traditional Rites
- Humanity Photo Grand Awards: 6 (one for each category) with a prize of US$2000 for each;
- Humanity Photo Documentary Awards: 60 – an award certificate; a book/CD-photo collection of the HPA 2011; an invitation to attend the award ceremony and the opening ceremony of the premiere exhibition of “Memories of Mankind VII”; transportation fee and a 3-9 days hotel accommodation; prized works to be put on the premiere exhibition
Stories/Portfolios should consist of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 images. Each entrant is allowed to submitted no more than 3 entries. Your images should be at least 2500 px on the shortest side and under 5 Mb in size. Judging Criteria: photographic technique, documentary value and the difficulty in photographing and ability to reveal the mission of the HPA contest.
Official website: hpa2011.worldfpa.org
74 DAYS LEFT